Impulse 3 snorkel problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well I got in the pool today to test out the new impulse and its "water splitting" technology and noticed that it makes an odd popping noise, almost like there is a rubber flap in there out of position. My buddy bought one today also and but his doesn't do it.
I'm not really worried about it not working but if I'm going to drop money on a snorkel i don't want to hear it. And I'd rather be sure that that noise wouldn't be something wrong up there.
Anyone else have the same problem? What should I do?

I would return it if possible. May be able to check the valves to see if they are sticking. Try filling it with water and blowing out the bottom valve. Filling it again and plugging the bottom valve with your palm then blow out the top.

I own an Impulse 3 as well. I hear nothing coming from it while using it. Take yours back to the store and tell them about the problem.

I know anybody can say whatever they want on the internet, so message board reviews may not hold up to well with your sales rep. So I would just say some friends own one as well and theirs doesnt make that sound.

Your friend. :wink:

PS: Youll love that snorkel. Ive accidentally inhaled threw the Impluse 3 several times underwater by accident (total submersion) and it dumped all the water before it ever got to my mouth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom