Improve your diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to get out diving this weekend but don't without a drysuit am thinking I might freeze my butt off...

Unless there is a huge, blazing bonfire.... Or something suitably warm for for that SI!

being a weenie isn't DIR :D

Seriously though, I hear you on that..I may actually take the weekend off if the trip is blown out. I haven't decided yet.

Who said I was DIR? :eek:ut:

The real problem is that if I want to go diving this weekend I'm going to have to rent a car...

If it was a whole weekend or something like that I wouldn't mind (camping, etc...) (I was thinking of trying to convince you all to do Rawlings, but the high there will only be in the upper 40s!)

But for one day of diving at Millbrook when the high is supposed to be 38? I'm still tempted...

We would have the whole place to ourselves...

Think I'm gonna see what the esavers have to say tomorrow :mean:

I am losing the motivation to go this weekend too. Since it would only be a couple dives (or one long dive) for me, I may just skip it and do all that stuff I have postponing for 6 mos (wax car, vacuum, reorganize my closet)...who knows, diving sounds a lot better after making that list :)

... and it actually fits! So I was hoping to dive Millbrook this weekend, grim weather or not. Hey, the Millbrook entrance fee helps pay for liability insurance- let's build a bonfire! I've seen 55 gallon drums about the place... that's a fireplace waiting to happen!

A couple of weekends ago, I asked if it was permissible to have a fire at Millbrook, since there are several places where there has been a fire in the past. I was thinking of taking firewood from the garage I keep there, for the fireplace, it is nice and dry. The answer, which unfortunately came too late for the day I was hoping to build a fire, was that you could have a fire as long as you had some sort of bucket with water for safety and put the fire “dead out” before you left.

Mike

I hope its a warm one! I'd probably have to rent a 7mm. I don't think my 5 would cut it.

Bonfire, eh? I could probably manage to get out there for that :wink:

I have camped out there a couple times and we have seen fires over near beach 3-10. There are some good fire pits over on that side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom