Impressive U/W shark tooth diving video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geesh!

That is pretty neat.

You gotta be kiddin'! Ain't no place like that except heaven. Look at the viz - and teeth everywhere he just happens to wave his hand! yeah...right! Pretty good advertisement for his charter company.......I didn't see any frags, all looked to be whole teeth and good condition....

My mama taught me a good saying, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. If that video had been taken by an individual user and posted for the benefit of Scubaboard members then it would be different, however, since it appears to be an advertisement, I am very skeptical and wouldn't waste my money on an unfounded claim / video.

Roger that! A few years ago, the buddy of mine who recently died while diving, did a National Geographic video with Rodney Fox called "The Fox and the Shark". They did some fossil diving and planted a number of teeth to be "found" on camera...dam if Rodney didn't find an unplanted one. These finds were either planted or that video was heavily edited. I have found teeth like that (not in that viz), so I guess it's possible, but not highly probable....course that was 25 years ago....okay, I'll say it "in the GOOD old days."

I absolutely love reading all of your doubtful posts here. Sure it looks like they were planted, but guess what? They were'nt, not one damn one of them. And guess how I know. Because last week over Easter weekend, I was there. I finished my 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th, shark tooth dive there. That's right, just by luck, I've come upon all of you doubting Thomas's here, and I had to laugh. It's not in Charleston however. It's quite a bit north of that. And the boat is booked every weekend from now until November, and 6 of those weekends are booked by me. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that last Saturday, in 93 feet of water, 30 miles offshore, on 35% Nitrox, for 32 minutes, I brought in (2) 6 1/8" teeth and (1) 5 3/4" tooth. I also got plenty of smaller and broken teeth as well. I've not even cleaned them all up yet. Sure the video is edited. All that they did was take an hour of video, and show the best 5 minutes. So what, does that mean that they are not there? They take a bit more time to find. And, when you find one, you almost always find more when you fan the silt. They're in feeding areas in an old riverbed where the Megalodons were feeding on whales. Heck, I leave the whale rib bones behind! The teeth are not in as good a condition as your Venice Beach teeth though. I'll tell you all what! You guys show me how to find teeth in Venice and I'll drive all of the way down from Charlotte, NC and dive with you. Then I'll show you some of our teeth up here off of the coast of NC. The water and air was 60 degrees last Saturday and I dove a 7/6/5 wetsuit and a hooded vest and was still cold, but let me tell you, it was worth it. We had 4 to 5 foot waves for two hours out and 2 hours back and 3 out of 5 of us puked our guts out during the surface interval on Tom's 29 foot Pilot house boat. And it was DAMN worth it!!!!!!!!!! If he wasn't booked so often, I'd drive the 5 hours it takes to get there almost every weekend.

Matt

Okay, I believe you, but 30 miles offshore and there's your problem....preemo teeth collector's want have to be in great condition, the best place to find them is fresh or brackish water. The salt destroys the enamel and all you have left is a rock shaped like a sharks tooth. Even with the enamel, they have to have good serrations.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom