Impressions from 1st Bonaire visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Bonaire the from 1/20 - 1/28 and stayed at the Plaza with a group from our local shop. The accomodations were fine, nothing spectacular but I don't have any complaints. The operators at the on-site dive shop (Toucan Diving) were awesome and the dives were great. I didn't see any turtles either but some others in the group did. I did see two seahorses under the town pier the night of 1/25 and plenty of other life on pretty much every dive we did.

As far as food goes, Capriccio's was great for italian and Patagonia had good steak/seafood. It Rains Fishes was also good. Every one of the locals I talked to was engaging and kind. The Dutch, not so much...

Art Vandalay:
I was in Bonaire the from 1/20 - 1/28 and stayed at the Plaza with a group from our local shop. The accomodations were fine, nothing spectacular but I don't have any complaints. The operators at the on-site dive shop (Toucan Diving) were awesome and the dives were great. I didn't see any turtles either but some others in the group did. I did see two seahorses under the town pier the night of 1/25 and plenty of other life on pretty much every dive we did.

As far as food goes, Capriccio's was great for italian and Patagonia had good steak/seafood. It Rains Fishes was also good. Every one of the locals I talked to was engaging and kind. The Dutch, not so much...
Stayed at Plaza Resort in Jan., 2006. Same impression as yours. Solid, clean and reasonable tesort. Toucan ran a good dive op. Wife and I felt the food there and in town was OK, totally edible and never poor, but neither was it excellent. But that's not the point of going to Bonaire, AFAIC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom