Importing tanks to canada - question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I found some tanks for a good price in the states, placed my order and they should be sent out any day now. Having lived the greater part of my life where i could order things off the internet in the EU i was not aware of the evil that is Duty. So my question is: Should I cancel my order before I get pillaged at the border making my deal not so good, or is there some way around this (maybe my tanks are exempt)? I tried calling the border information servidce but it was too late and they closed.

Boy I had to take a look at your profile, neither the EU nor the internet have been around for a majority of my life. God I feel old now.

I've gotten dinged on this a few times and you're right. It really does hurt. If the tanks are made in North America you shouldn't have to pay duties. You'll still have to pay taxes though. Call border services to find out for sure.

S. starfish:
So I found some tanks for a good price in the states, placed my order and they should be sent out any day now. Having lived the greater part of my life where i could order things off the internet in the EU i was not aware of the evil that is Duty. So my question is: Should I cancel my order before I get pillaged at the border making my deal not so good, or is there some way around this (maybe my tanks are exempt)? I tried calling the border information servidce but it was too late and they closed.
You will always have to pay GST and a customs fee. As long as you didn't ship with UPS, you shouldn't be hit that hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom