IMPORTANT! Do you dive with a DAN Tag attached?

Do you dive with a DAN Tag attached?

• Always!

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • Not always or No - please describe excuse below.

Votes: 120 69.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pteranodon:
DandyDon, I like your attitude.
Hehe, TY - altho I do have problems keeping it balanced at times. I might have just as easily said: "I have a good idea, why in the hell aren't you doing it?" :lol2:

I've got my butt covered here, but did want to share the idea in a way that got attention. I guess I sorta got it done. :wink:

Bubble Junky:
You have to order it and pay for it seperate. It's US$11.

hm, maybe in the US, but I can't seem to find it on DAN Europe site (www.daneurope.org)...

if they ship it from US, shipping alone would cost me 50$

not all DANs are the same

Yes I have one with the mirror. I never take it off, just leave it on all the time.

DandyDon,
You post was the kick I needed to finally join Dan ( also got the insurance). I have been meaning to since I started diving earlier this year. My tag is on order - it will be attached to my BC as soon as I get it.

Mine is always attached - in fact the quick plastic clip broke, so I improvised with Zip Ties and it is in the right pocket of my Balance BC. I have it immediately accessible to my right hand so I can use the mirror if I so choose.

I also bought the little DAN ID tags to put on my gear, and my wife's gear - just the BCs and the Regs.

hvulin:
hm, maybe in the US, but I can't seem to find it on DAN Europe site (www.daneurope.org)...

Two problems there. First, with the punctuation causing a little confusion, as the ) mark got inside the Url causing a misdirect. www.daneurope.org works.

But mainly, yeah - DAN Europe offers them. See the left side menu? Skip down to...
DAN Catalog
Dan Tag <<------<<
DAN Logo

Or if you use the link in post #1, then click DAN Europe, you get the same page.

It seems that yours is $11USD delivered, but without the mirror...
The front of the tag bears the diver&#8217;s name, DAN Member number and DAN 24-hour emergency hot line number.
The reverse side of the tag bears information that is critical to the proper handling of the diving emergency.
I don't know if you have an option to pay more to get the DAN Tag with mirror?

texgal@heart:
DandyDon,
You post was the kick I needed to finally join Dan ( also got the insurance). I have been meaning to since I started diving earlier this year. My tag is on order - it will be attached to my BC as soon as I get it.
Goooood! I saw a number of divers sign up one night on a Cozumel hotel lobby computer after a member of the group left in an ambulance on the first day - then one of those left in an ambulance on the third day. I've even seen a diver take a totally unexpected hit - I was her buddy for first 2 of 3 dives on day 1 of a trip, nothing to suggest a risk, then spend 24 hours in the local clinic before being medevaced to a superior hospital, over a week in ICU, over two weeks in hospital, etc. There's just so much we don't know. Hits are rare, but if you get one - you damned sure better have the financial guarantees to deal with it.

$20 extra once for a lifetime BC tag that could help in an emergency...? Makes you wonder why anyone opposes them. :wink:

DAN Asia/Pacific includes a free tag that one completes on arrival in membership, but - they can order the $20 tag if desired. Hey Almighty - stop looking and get one of those!

DandyDon:
Nah, we'll just call that the only acceptable excuse.

I'd love to see pics of BCs with DAN tags...

[c]
DANtagMedium.jpg

[/c]

Ole geezers need to have them on their BC's. I have one. Now the question, Don, is that your dive outfit and do you dive with that hat also??????:rofl3: :rofl3:

hvulin:
Bubble Junky:
You have to order it and pay for it seperate. It's US$11.

That info was from the DAN Europe site. I'm English. :wink:
Check the scroll down list on the left, and go pretty much to the bottom and click on the one that says 'DAN Tag'. It's US$11 !!!

DandyDon:
Two problems there. First, with the punctuation causing a little confusion, as the ) mark got inside the Url causing a misdirect. www.daneurope.org works.

But mainly, yeah - DAN Europe offers them. See the left side menu? Skip down to...
DAN Catalog
Dan Tag <<------<<
DAN Logo

Or if you use the link in post #1, then click DAN Europe, you get the same page.

It seems that yours is $11USD delivered, but without the mirror...

I don't know if you have an option to pay more to get the DAN Tag with mirror?

My mistake! I didn't even notice that the menu on the left has a scrollbar :wink:

Back
Top Bottom