Imperial users abroad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asherlc

Registered
Reaction score
For those with imperial gauges, what do you do when you go abroad? Do you swap it out with a set of metric gauges, or do you just do on the fly conversions when talking to local dive buddies/DM's/etc?

what he said. Most of my gauges are metric in the US, but the dual gauge isn't a bad idea. If you have AI of some sort, those usually go back and forth pretty easily

what he said. Most of my gauges are metric in the US, but the dual gauge isn't a bad idea. If you have AI of some sort, those usually go back and forth pretty easily
Ideally I'd get everything in metric, but if I'm diving stateside, I want to be on the same page as my fellow divers -- I don't want to have to convert anything in my head underwater, if someone asks for my gas levels for example.

I have been diving all over the world with most places using metric but I use imperial with no issues at all. I don't have to convert or do anything special. Wasn't even a thought.

I wouldn't sweat it either way. You're used to the gauges you're already using, so continue with them. If you need a quick conversion, just divide by 15. IE, 1500 psi is about 100 bar. You don't need to be closer than that.

Back
Top Bottom