Images from the Red Sea ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Rosalie Moeller is a great dive too, with the green water its very different and atmospheric. Not so good for photographs tho!

Vis on the Rosalie Moeller when we were there was about 30 feet. Not that good for wide-angle pics ...

IMG_4302.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Vis on the Rosalie Moeller when we were there was about 30 feet. Not that good for wide-angle pics ...

Hey, thats my excuse for the excess backscatter in my pics....blame it on the vis :)

Great pics, great trip report.

Red Sea is on my short list, hopefully in the next year.

Thanks for sharing. lots of good technique showcased.

Cool Bob. Thanks for sharing. What was the water temp like? Is this a good time of year to visit? Still on my bucket list.

Water temp was a consistent 78-80 F with the exception of a very strong thermocline on the Numidia/Aida dive we did at Big Brother. For recreational divers that won't even be an issue, as the thermocline was at about 150 feet, but it was pretty extreme.

This was a great time to go, for the most part. The only weather issue we had was a couple days of strong winds coming down out of the north when we were at Brothers. Unfortunately it was strong enough to cause us to decide not to risk the long ride south to Daedalus ... going down wouldn't have been a problem, but getting back might have been, so we skipped that leg of the trip. A week later the folks who went there had a great time and saw many sharks and manta at both Daedalus and Elphinstone. If I go back, it will be expressly for a southern trip. The north was very nice, but I feel like I missed something.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great shots Bob, makes me want to dust off my wide angle lens and dome port and do some WA shooting, but I don't have that kind of viz here.

Will have a six month Saudi visa soon, so Red Sea will be back on my agenda :D

Great shots Bob, makes me want to dust off my wide angle lens and dome port and do some WA shooting, but I don't have that kind of viz here.

Will have a six month Saudi visa soon, so Red Sea will be back on my agenda :D

I would love to hear a comparison of Saudi Red Sea vs Egyptian Red sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom