image size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I understand your desire to have a flawless UI with a complex website interface that relies heavily on jQuery and JavaScript to maximize UI for most users... I can't promise that the site will work flawlessly on all browsers and OS combinations.

With that said... For you, one of the .07% of SB visitors who uses Linux as an OS and then - cut that .07% in half to come up with the number of people who use Linux and Firefox, it must be filed under, "you can't please everyone"

I frequently use an app called "browserstack.com" to test websites I build on various browser and os combinations, and linux isn't even a choice. While I prefer CentOS for my web servers, it's just not practical for me, as I need Adobe CC and other apps that just aren't available for Linux.

While I understand your desire to have a flawless UI with a complex website interface that relies heavily on jQuery and JavaScript to maximize UI for most users... I can't promise that the site will work flawlessly on all browsers and OS combinations.

With that said... For you, one of the .07% of SB visitors who uses Linux as an OS and then - cut that .07% in half to come up with the number of people who use Linux and Firefox, it must be filed under, "you can't please everyone"

I frequently use an app called "browserstack.com" to test websites I build on various browser and os combinations, and linux isn't even a choice. While I prefer CentOS for my web servers, it's just not practical for me, as I need Adobe CC and other apps that just aren't available for Linux.

Is Chrome OS listed? Chromebooks are relatively popular these days. Built with gentoo Linux.

Off topic, apologize.

Chrome OS is about 40% of what the Linux OS #'s are.

Yep. Firefox is pretty much only desktop Linux and even there you can get Chrome for the common distros. On top of that if you're one of those condescending unix geeks you may have adblock and noscript and cookie filter (<raises hand/>), that really messes up the web whatever-point-oh they call it today.

I did add the smaller one to the smilies - it's called :small logo: - no space between the 2 words..

OK, I was going to change to using that, and see you've already done that for me!
Seems to be working. Thanks.

see you've already done that for me!
Actually Xenforo did. Probably switched to the local reference when I added it since I didn't modify your sig line.

Good to know though as that should mean it's persistent in the future.

Ummm... OK, that's the desired code list AFAIKT, but how does one navigate to it?
Actually, I have finally figured that out, but IMO it's extremely obscure, so I'm going to offer some unsolicited feedback on that :poke:

So clicking on the link you provided, I see, below the SB logo, the implied path Home > Help.
If I start at Home (https://www.scubaboard.com/) I see no link for "Help" anywhere on the page.
If I click on Community, then on the right is a tiny unlabeled icon; if I hover over it, it says "Open Quick Navigation". If I click on it, there's a menu that includes (after scrolling down) "Help", and clicking that gives me info on smilies, bb codes, etc. Yes. that's "Help".

At the bottom of most pages, including the one I'm composing this on, and on the Help page itself, is a heading called "Site Functions". The first choice there is "FAQ and HELP". Clicking on that gets me a list of FAQs. There is no Help, nor is there any link to the page with the Help menu mentioned in the previous paragraph accessed though "Quick Navigation".

So two suggestions:
1) Put a link to the Help page on the "FAQ and HELP" page. (Probably the biggest win here).
2) Make the "Help" page accessible from the Home page in one or more of the following ways:
- Put the "Site Functions" menu there.
- Put the "Quick Navigation" menu there.
- Just put a "Help" tab alongside "Home Community Photo Gallery Members Chat".

Wrt the BB code list itself: At the bottom is the [image] tag that doesn't seem to work, that started this discussion a few days ago. Could you either fix it so it works, remove the description from the list, or perhaps if appropriate, add caveats about when it won't work?

there is no
Code:
[image]

The correct bb code usage is
Code:
[image=200]scubaboard.com/community/attachments/sblogo200-png.394177[/image]

[image=200]scubaboard.com/community/attachments/sblogo200-png.394177[/image]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom