I'm stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a WAL it is!!
First of all thanks for all the feedback! It has helped me make my choice....I looked at a couple of set ups and it got me to thinking. Do you think I can use a slave strobe together with my D180? Would that work? We have a couple of those, all I'd need would be a tray extention and a second arm.

justleesa:
Do you think I can use a slave strobe together with my D180? Would that work? We have a couple of those, all I'd need would be a tray extention and a second arm.

Don't know why it wouldn't, try it on land first, to make sure it picks up the primary on ok... but shouldn't have any problems...although I'm not sure what the "Salve" name means i.e. other than a "regular strobe" that fires when the primary one does.. or is it a smaller one??

I have 'slave' mode on my SB105s, but have never used it...
so not clear if there is a difference...

Congrats on the WA.. I think you'll be very happy with it...

I sometimes wish I'd kept my S&S YS30 slave strobe when I sold the old MMII rig. What's neat about a slave is it doesn't require any type of sync cord, it's triggered by the primary. 'Course it can be triggered by ANY strobe, not just yours!

You'll love the WAL!

Dee:
I sometimes wish I'd kept my S&S YS30 slave strobe when I sold the old MMII rig. What's neat about a slave is it doesn't require any type of sync cord, it's triggered by the primary. 'Course it can be triggered by ANY strobe, not just yours!

You'll love the WAL!
We got a couple of them off ebay to go along with Roger's hannimex/MMI...to a very good price (brand new with arm and tray, about $80...was listed in the wrong spot:crafty:) Might be worth looking into

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom