I'M STILL HERE...Pt.2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there all,

With all these Friggin' Hurricanes coming every weekend I can't get my life straightened out. I have pretty much thrown in the white towel. If IVAN hits charlotte harbor I'm pretty certain my house will be finished off because of the 50/50 ruling with insurance. that is if it's more than 50% damaged I'll have to bulldoze the remains and rebuild to today's standards.

Right now I figure that my damage is in the high 40% range. I have only two front bedrooms and both bathrooms with no damage, every other room including garage has some sort of damage that has to be fixed.

Oh well the wife is all ready looking at new floor plans. I guess I'll named the new or remodeled home "Phoenix" 'cause it will rise out of the ashes :eyebrow:

I can only check emails every couple of days and have not been really on the boards here since BC (Before Charley) sooner or later I'll get DSL service back and I can hook my computer back temporarily and be able to surf and chat with you fine folks here.

Keep us in your prayers, my family will go with me to the jail when I report for duty. The county has cleared out a whole section for families this time so at least I'll know that the jail won't blow away and i don't have to worry about them while I'm working.

Stay Safe,
I'll check back in When I can.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Still there - dont know for how much longer. Sorry that another one looks to be headed your way. Hope you guys make it through ok (ie it misses you this time). Keep safe after this weekend!

Good luck. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing...we are all trying to keep our lives from spinniing into weirddom, know that you are not alone in that department...

WildBill,
We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. Frances caused minimal damage at my house, and I'm grateful we were spared. Still no power, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Al

Thanks for the support folks,

I think when this Hurricane season is over we all have to get together and have a typical SB Dive/Party Weekend. That is the best whay I know to relieve our stress and have some fun. I know everyone will be up for it, 'cause there has not been a party yet (rain or shine) that hasn't been great!!!!

Thanks again,

Wildbill:cop_2:

Sounds perfect WildBill

I'm going to ask Pete about doing a "Hurricane Tour 2004" T-shirt for sale... have the names of all the named storms and where they hit listed - printed in a format similar to that of a concert tour T-shirt :D

How about an "I Dove Charley, Frances, and then Ivan" With a map of Florida that is all blue below G-ville???

Yeah, yeah... with dive flags dotting the entire area, maybe even a few masked heads bobbing in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom