I'm new here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_katt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I'm new to the Scuba Board - only found it by accident and have not been able to pull myself away since!

I'm in Sydney for the next three months, but am based in Townsville for 9 months out of the year, where I'm studing Marine Science at the university.

I've been lucky enough to have dived the Outer Barrier Reef about 40 times in the last 8 months for free, since I've been helping a Post-Grad student with her coral reef research.

We've done lots of dives out of Port Douglas and also out of Townsville and as far south as Lady Musgrave Island, off the Capricorn Coast, so if anyone has any questions about dive operators or opinions on which reefs to visit, feel free to ask!

Cheers

You lucky bastards....

That close to the great barrier reef.... We have to be content with small muddy pools here in Holland.... :tongeout:

Diving is fun though

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

Welcome aboard! I am sooo jealous!

Glad you found us. Sounds like you are having a great time.
Hope you continue to enjoy the board.

DSAO,
Larry

We share a birthday!

Sigh... Wish I could get back out to the GBR. I _almost_ went to study Marine Sciences for a year in Sydney, but ended up going to Melbourne instead.

May even be going back one day soon.

green with envy

I hope before I die to make it to the GBR.
(it's going to be more difficult after that).

Welcome Aboard!!

Todd

Let me echo ScubaJorgens comment:

YOU LUCKY B*******S!!!!!!!

but welcome to the Board anyway.

regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom