I'm lost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocrmaster:
I have a question for gilligan.

when i view your images no information is found in the properties.

if you view my images in my gallery, all my settings shows up ISO, Apature, Shutter Speed, etc.

I adjust my photos in PS7 and the EXIF data is lost due to the adjustments. If there is a setting in PS7 to prevent that then I am not using it.

I just got my hands on PS CS2 and I'll look into a setting that saves the EXIF data.

Orcamaster, kudos to you for taking the time to explain things to others. i have noticed you ask a lot of questions (SO do I) and it is really nice that you are willing to make the effort for others.

Please save your instructions and that way it will be handy when the next person asks....

ocrmaster:
I have a question for gilligan.

when i view your images no information is found in the properties.

if you view my images in my gallery, all my settings shows up ISO, Apature, Shutter Speed, etc.

Since I edit all my photos in PS this is what I have discovered:

After editing my photos I save them by clicking on "save for web" instead of "save as" because the resulting file is slightly smaller.

However, clicking on "save for web" opens Image Ready and is saving the photo via that program. Apparently that strips out the EXIF data. Perhaps that is what makes the file slightly smaller?

From what I can tell I need to do a "save as" in PS in order to retain the EXIF data.

Anyone know otherwise?

That's pretty much what I do Gilligan, I use the 'save as' option in PS7 and my exif data is preserved.

Generally save it at 7 or 8 to keep the image size around 100k.

Back
Top Bottom