I'm lost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

I am planning to bump up to a Canon Rebel XT, Ikelite Housing, and Inon 240.
Can you recommend what lens I should purchase?

I have to say that I love my DC500. My husband is a physician and his entire office walls are covered with pictures that I have taken either with my DC310 or 500. That being said, my husband loves his Oly 5060. We have cropped and blown up prints to about 20 by 24 or so, plus lots of 8x10 and 11x14s. After each trip I pick my favorite shots and print 8x10s to put in my portfolio notebook. I was in charge of a luncheon the other day and did a beach barbeque theme and needed a little color for the walls so I grabbed my notebook and some tape and hung them around the room. Everyone thought that I had spent a lot of time clipping pictures out of National Geographic! While I would never say that they were that quality, I would definitely say that they were good enough to impress my friends.

Care to show us some of your work?

Gilligan:
Regardless of which camera you decide on YOU MUST learn that camera inside and out BEFORE your trip or you will not get good results with it.
Roatan is not the place to learn to use the camera.
Roatan is the place to take great photos of a wide variety of marine life.

Truer words were never spoken.
Prior to diving with my camera I had the opportunity to use it extensively on land for about a month prior to taking it underwater.

Learning photography and getting a handle on the camera made it tremendously easier to take the photos instead of being confused by the camera while underwater..

ocrmaster:
Gilligan

I am planning to bump up to a Canon Rebel XT, Ikelite Housing, and Inon 240.
Can you recommend what lens I should purchase?

Sorry, I can't help you as I am DSLR ignorant.

Gilligan:
08.gif

I guess that's a compliment to me and an insult to my Oly C4000Z :D
GILLIGAN, if i had pictures like yours (just looked at a couple) id buy 2 crappy cameras like yours, NO i am not saying your camera is crappy but he was, and i found it qwite commical ROFL!!!!!!!!:lol:

I have a question for gilligan.

when i view your images no information is found in the properties.

if you view my images in my gallery, all my settings shows up ISO, Apature, Shutter Speed, etc.

OR...the other option out there is...

You can get some very good images if you are a crap photographer and have a nice set-up.

Mine will not be excellent until I take on the next level. (working on it slowly...)

One more concern, the advanced systems seem really bulky and I'm not so sure how much I'll enjoy lugging that around on deck or in the water.

Big surprise...you will. It adds a layer of challenge and it makes you a better diver really fast to not have your hands. You learn to do many tasks one-handed. It is a blast, almost more fun than the images!

yea, WC has a way with words.

Not to be stupid, but how do I start a gallery? I can't find the correct link. As soon as I figure it out I would love to upload some of my latest pics.

Go up all the way to the top of the forum click photo

Look to the right side of the top portion of the page. Click upload photo.

f92bdf3cbe.jpg

94fa2c12d6.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom