I'm looking for a guinea pig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blakekeeton

Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, I wanted to introduce myself and let you know why I am here.

I am a college student and also started a small custom powder coating business here in S.W. Missouri.

I would like to know if anyone -a trusted board member pref.- would be willing to send me a small piece of diving equipment that I can powder coat with glow in the dark powder coating. I would coat the piece for free and pay shipping back to you -U.S. Mainland- I would ask that you send pics and comments to me via email so I will know how it is working out in a marine environment. I figured that this might be an appropriate forum to place a safety equipment related post ?

I could send a paypal deposit for the item if there are any worries.

Look forward to hearing back from you,

Sincerely,

Blake Keeton- Owner/ Prodigal Son Powder Coating

What kind of gear are you looking for? Alot of stuff is plastic these days and unless you're using uv cure stuff that could be a problem. I've done some coating myself. Who makes the powder and is it marine rated?

Thanks for the reply,

The technical data for the clear coat is below -I don't have the glow in the dark tech data as of yet-. I would apply a white base coat with the glow in the dark additive mixed in , then a coat of super durable clear on top. I am looking to stay away from dive tanks for the time being , and focus on anything metal that is associated with dive gear.

SUPER DURABLE TGIC THERMOSETTING POWDER COATING WITH EXCELLENT EXTERIOR DURABILLTY AND CORROSION RESISTANCE DESIGNED TO MEET THE STRINGENT REQUIREMENTS OF AUTOMOTIVE AND ARCHITECTURAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS ~ GLOSS LEVEL 95%+5 GLOSS @ 60 DEGREES....~ SPECIFIC GRAVITY - 1.21 ~ RECOMMENDED MIL THICKNESS - 2.5 +/-5 ~ CURE SCHEDULE AT 400F/10 MIN. ~ SALT SPRAY RESULTS - 3000 HOURS + ~ HUMITY RESISTANCE - 1000 HOURS + ~ THEORETICAL COVERAGE @R.F.T. - 63.5

How about a metal (chrome plated brass) second stage? I may have one I would donate as a test subject. Drop me a PM if that might do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom