I'm interested in the answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikelegurra:
hi,

just downloaded the video file (loooooong download) but have no idea where to find the xvid plugin.

can you help ??

sorry: disregard the post. a friend from work saw me typing and found it for me.
thanks

I think the codec you need for Windows MediaPlayer is the other file you see when you click on the link. I assume you just have to install it.

R..

Diver0001:
I think the codec you need for Windows MediaPlayer is the other file you see when you click on the link. I assume you just have to install it.

R..

it seemed strange because the file has only 3k. my friend did a search and the installed file (it works!) is around 400k.

but thanks,
it's working and i'll try to see it today.

Do a quick google search for xvid. The small one you found was probably the straight codec, and the 400k one was probably the win2k ez install routine. Carefull about where you get your codec from :) Just never know, try linking from www.divx.com

Great place for both video and audio codecs.

mikelegurra:
it seemed strange because the file has only 3k. my friend did a search and the installed file (it works!) is around 400k.

but thanks,
it's working and i'll try to see it today.

To get a little back on topic...hate to hijack away from the video discussion, but I just saw this thread.

Someone in this thread classified divers...one of those classes were divers that have what they called a DIR config but denounce DIR itself...and they were wondering what they deal was.

I guess I'm kind of one of them. I don't actively denounce DIR, I just choose not to do it. Do your own thing - I'll let you do yours, you let me do mine...no big deal. But, if you were to look at me getting ready for a dive, I'd be a spitting image of a fresh out of DIRf diver. So what happened??? Am I trying to dive DIR without being DIR??

Nope.

I dive hogarthian. I like my long hose, I like my backplate. I like simplicity, streamlining and lack of danglies. I have a demonic hatred of extra crap hanging off of divers. I have to hold back from swimming up to people and cutting off their hose that I see dangling in the weeds. I like how minimal my gear is, yet how much I can accomplish with it. It's also one of the best setups from a safety perspective.

So where did I learn it?? I learned a lot of it from talking to other divers....and I truly refined it in my cave training. So, I've got a setup that works great for me - but I don't want to do the DIR thing - it's just not for me.

Diver0001:
you can download an avi version of the National Geographic special here.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud/DIR/

You need an XviD plugin for the media player. 255M IIRC.

R..

This is a video that AG made and is not a National Geographic special. I'm curious who put the video out on the internet and if they had permission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom