I'm in Miami, but is ft Lauderdale beach dive cheaper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Miami (Doral area) and am looking for ways to continue diving. I moved here half an year ago, and wasn't too sure how to go about planning things in Miami. I did go down to Frogman dive shop, where I got some tips..

The tips I got was to call individual ship owners and to see if they'd go out to sea on a specific date. Well, quite frankly as I'm still trying to learn my way around Miami, I wasn't too sure if I'm ready to be chartering my own ships right away.

I also heard (and read in these forums) that there are a bunch of dive operations in ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking maybe I could do some beach dives there without the boat charter cost. I only have basic wetsuit+mask+fin so just renting equipment makes diving not a cheap task.

Anyway, my question is, is beach dives from ft. Lauderdale really the cheaper deal? Or are there better ways to do it in the Miami zone?

There are a number of nice shore dives in Broward County. SE 8th Street on Pompano Beach, by the fishing Pier at the east end of Commercial Blvd., and others.

There are also a number of dive shops in the area. I use Force-E on Atlantic Blvd. in Pompano beach.

Good Luck!

I have done some beach diving in Fort Lauderdale, and it is awesome. I do recommend you try to get your gear as soon as possible. One piece at a time. Don't go cheap on you live support system (BC, Reg, Computer). Layaway is a beautiful thing. Get with Scuba_jenny. She can give you the low down. Just give her a PM, she will help you.

Awesome! thanks for the quick replies.
I've always been wondering about the exact location of the pompano dive spots.. thanks for sharing. Actually, I was up there last weekend, but didn't spend time to look around.

I just joined the e-divers, it seems to be an extremely active group! I hope this'll get me involved with the local community, which I think is very important for diving.

anyway, y'all will be seeing lots of me around.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom