I'm going to burn my Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickdds

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had these things for almost 7 years now and kept them out of spite for the crook that sold them to me! Yes, I'm still a little bitter.

Sorry for the "beginner" question but what would you guys recommend: I'm looking for a barefoot, comfortable fin for about 50-75 bucks....

thanks

RR

Aeris Velocity full foot fins are my favorite barefoot fin. Leisure Pro has a fantastic price on them right now:

http://www.leisurepro.com/prod/AERFVF.html

When I wear my Force Fins, I wear tropical booties. I don't find them particularly comfortable on my bare feet.

that is a great price... i called over to scubatoys b/c they're only about 10 minutes away and they said they'd match it so i'm going to head over there. gotta get my reg serviced anway before the upcoming trip.

Aeris are good fins. A fin that has tested somewhat better than Aeris is the Mares plana avanti tre, $45 from Leisurepro. Also nice, the Oceanic Caribe, $30 from LP.

You can try Mares Volo full-foot fins as well. I use them when I'm teaching in the pool and they are comfortable and give me great mobility.

thanks for the input folks... i just went and picked up the aeris fins. i looked at the mares volo but i just wanted something simple, you know? no booties, just something i could throw on that was light and somewhat efficient.

redrover, i hope you just moved to hawaii b/c it's troubling me that live you there and have been diving less than a year... well, better late than never right?! In any case, send me some kona coffee and you can have my force fins, how's about that? i wear a male size 10.5 but as long as you have booties on they should probably fit. i'm not sure... let me know

rick

rickdds:
thanks for the input folks... i just went and picked up the aeris fins. i looked at the mares volo but i just wanted something simple, you know? no booties, just something i could throw on that was light and somewhat efficient.

redrover, i hope you just moved to hawaii b/c it's troubling me that live you there and have been diving less than a year... well, better late than never right?! In any case, send me some kona coffee and you can have my force fins, how's about that? i wear a male size 10.5 but as long as you have booties on they should probably fit. i'm not sure... let me know

rick
No sweat, PM the address and 100% Kona coffee is on the way. If nothing else I can put them onto unsuspecting visitors :D that is if you’ll excuse that I just learned to dive after several years here. I had some good reasons and some not so good to wait so long. I believe my first comment climbing up the ladder first open class dive was, “I should have done this the first month I came here”, completely forgetting my father was dying and I was pretty busy. It’s amazing how many bed changes you can jam into 24 hours with the laundry time constraints. Probably if I’d known then how great diving actually is (vs imagined it must be) my mother would have been not too far behind him. And the three years medically unable would have been torture. I finally just got tired of looking down instead of around, dusted off the credit card and insured I’ll be working until I drop dead. I just hope I’ve guestimated my equipment choices lasting as long as I will. Definitely better late than never, I’ve finally quit (most of the time at least) missing what I used to do elsewhere. There is a price to pay for paradise, but paradise it is.

Hope the Aeris work well for you.
Aloha,
Lisa

Thank-you for finding a home for your force fins! It was because of stories of burning and abusing force fins that I started the force fin rescue group:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stop the abuse! Force fins aren't evil just misunderstood. Thats why we here at force fin rescue will lovingly care for and provide homes for abused or neglected force fins. Please don't burn them or abandon them in a dumpster- these domestic fins are not able to survive in the wild. We have found that with a little love and training force fins can become a beloved part of any scuba gear family. We are experienced force fin handlers who have sucessfully returned unwanted force fins to a useful and productive state. We will gladly accept any unwanted force fins or cash donations! Thank-you,
Force Fin Rescue
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Seriously, either you love them or you hate them- my husband and I both love ours and don't like to dive with anything else (yes- they were e-bay rescues) Anyone who wants to get rid of their force fins PM me, I would love a couple more sets!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom