I'm giving up on my Fusion . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. You heard me right. My Fusion, with 4 1/2 years and about 500 dives on it, had the zipper give up the ghost during our trip to MX last month. I sighed, and sent the suit to Mike at Dive Right In Scuba, to replace the zipper and put in the SiTech Zip-type seal system, with the silicone seals.

In the meantime, I borrowed a newer Fusion from a friend. I found that suit WAY nicer than mine -- the wider legs and arms made it so much easier to get on, and the tech skin worked great with the pockets, and the suspenders were lovely.

So, when I was talking over some details of the repair with Mike, I mentioned that I almost regretted having decided to repair my suit, because I was tempted to trade up. The next day, I got a message from Mike, offering me an irresistible deal on a brand NEW Fusion!

So, in a couple of weeks, I'll be the owner of new Fusion Tech, with the SiTech rings and silicone seals, and I'm taking advantage of White's current special on extra skins, to buy a Sport skin for travel as well!

Thank you so much to Mike, and I can't wait to get my new suit.

I certainly respect her opinions and will give Fusion I strong look when I take the dry suit plunge sometime soon...

I did my dry suit class in both a DUI and a Fusion and learned allot! I now own a Fusion Bullet and was able to get my first open water dive in it yesterday. All I can say is wow. i really deos dive like a wet suit and has a minimal learning curve. I HIGLY recomend them as a first and most likely last Dry suit. Now to blow out my seals so I have a reason to get the new replaceable seals put in (I got my suit used with no dives on it so no wrist rings or neck tie yet!)

So, in a couple of weeks, I'll be the owner of new Fusion Tech, with the SiTech rings and silicone seals, and I'm taking advantage of White's current special on extra skins, to buy a Sport skin for travel as well!

Let us know how you like the new seal system. I have head some complaints with the neck ring interfering with the harness. Looking forward to reading your experience.

Thanks

Rather than create a new thread could anyone here let me know where to find a sizing chart for the Fusion. All I can find is the one on the Whites website, is that still correct what with the change of ownership?

TIA

I don't think anything about the sizing has changed with the change of ownership -- in fact, it appears the same folks are running the company as far as the day-to-day stuff goes.

I posted this on another thread, but I got the new suit and the neck ring doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm really very pleased with it, even though the silicone neck seal proved to be much too large for me.

Mike is great, DRIS is probably my favorite shop and I havent been within 100miles of his shop. Great people and it's no surprise they are doing as well as they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom