I'm finally a supporter - but no agenda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I finally made the leap to Supporter today.

Why did I finally cough up some dough for something that I can get for free?

Because I realized that I'm getting a LOT of value, and it was time to contribute to support this community.

I don't have an agenda about DIR vs rec, ScubaPro vs Atomic, or even the Shadow Divers controversy. I'm just here for the advice and community.

I've been on governing boards for several non-profits (HTCIA, LOPSA, SAGE and others), and the challenge has always been to convert "lurkers" to "supporters".

Almost all volunteer organizations are driven by a sense of community and value. After (mostly) lurking and still getting a LOT of value from this community, I realized that it was time to actually put my money where the value was, and join.

I mean, where else can you get a 480+ post thread where people tell you about the gear that they bought and regret? I learned more about purchasing gear from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/114279-what-did-you-buy-you-regret.html
than practically anywhere else.

With more than 50 threads on Jack's Diving Locker, and literally hundreds on diving in Hawaii, I was able to plan my family's diving vacation using only operators that had a good rep here on SB.

I'll be planning my trip to Florida via SB as well, and I'll probably buy a new dry suit based on recommendations from SB members.

A year's membership is quite reasonable, considering how much money I'll save from the advice here.

That's my $0.02 and my $39 for the year.

Thank you to all the SB contributors who helped make my re-entry into the diving world safe, enjoyable and exciting.

This board really is a great value. I figured I spend a WHOLE lot more on books and misc gear I MIGHT use whereas I find this board really helpful with information and a good source for finding gear as well... SO SUPPORT THE BOARD.... AND MAYBE ONE DAY WE WILL FINALLY GET THOSE PROMISED STICKERS!!! :)

OH, and the people here are really great, even the freeloaders....

i have stickers :D

and im willing to post from australia if you want one :multi:

i have stickers :D

and im willing to post from australia if you want one :multi:

Well Thankyou dahlin'! I do believe they may finally make it to my mailbox though, I understand they have a backlog at the moment. Something about the writers strike...

oh yeah, writers thingy....but the good news is with all that free time, larry king and that chubby guy that took over from that old grey haired guy should be catching up on the mail soon :D

pm me your address and i will pop it in the mail tomorrow

Ive made the step to supporter as well, purely to support the depth of konwledge and wisdom on this board.

It mentioned something about extra benifits though, any ideas what these are?

Also I thought you got a little sign in your profile? Not that it matters much.

Keep up the good work SB

It mentioned something about extra benefits though, any ideas what these are?
ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: Supporting Member Program (Go RED)

Also I thought you got a little sign in your profile? Not that it matters much.
Go_Red.jpg

Why thankyou!

Any ex-soldier will tell you to "Never volunteer for anything."

Back
Top Bottom