I'm Done!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday I completed my last requirement for my Divemaster certification! I took out a nice lady from Connecticut to Pt. Lobos. We had great vis too, probably a good 40-50'. This was my divemaster conducted program / discover local diving "tour".

Bruce got my application along with James' and Wesley's AI application all in the mail yesterday. Now just a short (hopefully) wait and i'll have my certification back!

Congrats-
I am taking the challenge in December. You took the Divemaster right not the Master Diver???? I am trying to get a better idea about the class. Can you share the process?
Bobby

Congratulations of the ranks of a professional diver!

Correct, well I guess it was the "Go Pro Challenge" but I never really read up on the details behind that. About a month ago I completed my Master Scuba Diver requirements, PADI sent a nice certificate and then shortly after a mesh bag and another less formal looking certificate.

As far as Divemaster, the list of items to complete at first is quite intimidating. However, I just kept plugging away at one item at a time and worked it down.

The class consists of knowledge reviews, which mainly come from the DM Book, but also the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving. Then there are tests that again pull from both. Also there are endurance exercises, learning of the 20 openwater skills at demonstration quality, and an internship program where you actually do the things a DM will do and your instructor will coach you afterward on what went right and what could be done better. At least in a nutshell thats what you can expect.

Thanks for the congratulations as well

Wow,

I'm really impressed, you are taking diving very serious...

Good Job... !!!!

MG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom