I'm doing an article on the Texas Clipper...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
and I need some comments from divers who have been there. The article is for an electronic newsletter, and focuses on the quality of the dive experience possible on the Clipper. Particularly of interest would be the "crack" that has developed, conditions, and how the ecosystem has progressed since the reefing. Hope to hear from y'all soon! If you're sensitive about giving your name in the thread, please PM me. (I'll need a name to be used in the article, though.)
Much obliged!

Univ. of Texas Brownsville has the monitoring program for the Clipper. They've have some trips out there and have been monitoring the development of the ecosystem (fish populations mostly). Also, the DSO at Texas A&M Univ. in Galveston (Kevin Buch) has made several trips out there, and I believe has done some monitoring as well.

Layne,

Great pcitures in your Gallery.
I really like the close up of the subjects; that can be very difficult to get that close.
Plus, the colors are great.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards, Andrew

Researchers at UT-Brownsville are assessing the economic impact of the Texas Clipper on the local area. We are looking for divers who have been out to the Clipper and are willing to fill out a survey (on-line or mail) or would be willing to talk about their experience while in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom