I'm D-U-N done!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the vis in the lake was about 4 ft. We used a GPS in pelican box and a dive computer they both keep time from the start of the dive so it was easy to syncronize them. then we kept notes on all the items we were visiting and just stopped for about a minute on each so that the GPS would show the exact spot then we over laid this on google earth and printed it out. we tape measured the "wrecks" and anything underwater that needed more detail, and we made azmuths to each point and between each using google earth.

I did not have much learning to do using a compass, after 7 years in the USMC, a few more in the Boy Scouts as a leader, many years reading nautical charts and lots of practice underwater too. It was fun to use technology to "cheat".

If we had a bunch of current it may not have worked so well but I could do it the old fashioned way if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom