I'm coming to Florida! (for a visit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hotel rates in Ft. Lauderdale are, well, a little high! Unless of course someone local can point me to a hotel close to the dive ops that is what we divers would call "reasonable".

Clean, Quiet, Cheap.

That’s all I need. You can keep your complimentary chocolates and gold rimmed shower caps.

Any suggestions from some locals in Ft. Lauderdale?

pt40fathoms:
The hotel rates in Ft. Lauderdale are, well, a little high! Unless of course someone local can point me to a hotel close to the dive ops that is what we divers would call "reasonable".

Clean, Quiet, Cheap.

That’s all I need. You can keep your complimentary chocolates and gold rimmed shower caps.

Welcome to snowbird winter season in FL :wink:

How many of you are there coming? Maybe someone could open up their house to you? Otherwise, there arent cheap (except some really nasty motels) hotels to be had it seems.

pt40fathoms:

Clean, Quiet, Cheap.

Lots of little places in my area. Here's a link to some hotels in LBTS: http://www.lbts.com/hotels.html How long do you plan to be here?

I'm in Florida from Feb 24th till March 5th. From the 24th till the Monday th 28th, I'll be Ocala, diving with an instructor friend finishing a course started here in Canada. From Monday onwards I'm a tourist looking to get wet.

Just got a PM from a member who has offered up a room.

How's *that* for hospitality!
Looks like this trip is going to be filled with meeting new people, the more the better.

The only drawback is being their durring the week and not on the weekend. This could be limiting, as people usually work durring the week to help pay for their diving habit.

Anyways, I'll be sending a PM back to the member, and maybe some details can be worked out over the next few weeks for a little Scuba Board Florida meets Scuba Board Canada divers get together. Getting wet or getting fed, it all is possible.

Oh, by the way, I'm traveling alone on this trip. Just in case anyone is wondering how many are coming. Unless of course someone decides at the last minute to tag along and run away from winter for a week with me.

Well concidering I'll be unemployeed begining February 1st I might have everyday off to dive. The last 6 years I've lived here in Florida I've worked nights and weekends so I know what you mean about trying to find someone to dive with during the week. The local crowd had so many get to gethers that I missed because I had to work I couldn't even count them. I'm sure there will be a few people that can make it out for a weekday dive. One shop in the area does Wednesday night dives so that's always a possibility too.

I dive the springs with a full 3mm the water runs about 72,40 fathoms is a cool place,just was with the owner at the scuba show in chicago.Im doing some deep dive and deco training at the 40fathoms.
If you dive dry reg bring it.if not your wets suit will be more than good.Hal has lots of neat stuff hung in that hole!
SE Florida would be my pic to dive,but if bad weather stay up north= springs north /central Florida for dives.
Have Fun-The Florida divers are a GREAT GROUP!! THEY ROCK!

pt40fathoms:
I'm in Florida from Feb 24th till March 5th. From the 24th till the Monday th 28th, I'll be Ocala, diving with an instructor friend finishing a course started here in Canada. From Monday onwards I'm a tourist looking to get wet.
I'm not in Ocala, but only an hours drive down the turnpike from it. If you dont get any better offers there is always a futon/sofa to crash on here.

Despite the high rates you can still get some pretty good deals on Priceline.

Check out this site for hints and info.

Marc

hi fathom 40...

I'm too planning to go to Florida and would like to dive some wrecks but would like to do it with someone who has some diving experience....

How many dives (on boats) have you had...and most of all...how many have been in the south seas? I travel a lot and love to dive but haven't been able to find someone who has the time to spend the winter diving with me.

You said you are in Florida in February and looking forward to some diving...I ck'd your website that says you haven't found time to travel....does that mean that you are tied up with your business...or do you think you could have some time to spare in February for a dive trip around the aqua seas? I have places to stay..with no expense once we get there.....if you have plenty of time for diving during the days..and fun at night...we should chat.

Are you female or male...I should clarify matters first....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom