I'm COLD!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure the suit is fitted properly? I have larger shoulders and chest than normal for someone my height. After I bought my wetsuit, I dropped 15lbs as well. What ended up happening was that the mid section of my wetsuit was too big and as a result I could feel water flowing up and down it which made me really cold. I bought a 3mm vest to put underneath and I was still getting cold. I use a pinnacle elastaprene 7mm with the merino wool and when I was heavier it was nice and toasty. I dive dry now except when hunting and even in the summer, I was getting cold diving wet. Although, that could be because the drysuit has turned me into a wuss!

If you're feeling water "flowing" up your legs that is a strong indication thet the suit does not fit well at all. Any water movement in a properly fitting wetsuit should be no more than a "seep".

It sounds like there is something wrong with the suit. I had the same problem with a 2 piece suit & then I got a custom fit one & no more water flow. I'd bring it back if you can & try another one & if that still has water flow you might want to get a custom fit one. JMJ does a really good job & they're reasonably priced.

John

yea, I am going to take the suit back to have the shop check it out. I suspect there is no problem with the suit, Jeff, the owner of Pacific Wilderness, told me the suit LOOKED like it was a custom fit, and he had never seen one fit somebody better!!! So I doubt it is the fit, although it could be me not having the suit all the way up and tucked in. Like I said, a few times I know there was some space in between my legs in the crotch area, this was because I didnt have any talcum powder to help me pull the suite all the way up. I am going with the Pinnacle Heater, the merino lined 3mm shorty. If that doesn't help I am going to look into getting a new wet suit, either JMJ or Pinnacle, depending on what I can afford.

Don't. Take it to a proper wetsuit tailor and have it fitted. You'd be suprised at the difference.

yea, I am going to take the suit back to have the shop check it out. I suspect there is no problem with the suit, Jeff, the owner of Pacific Wilderness, told me the suit LOOKED like it was a custom fit, and he had never seen one fit somebody better!!!

I don't know Jeff and have never been in his shop but do yo really think that the combo of you and that suit is the best fitting wetsuit he's ever seen? Sounds like a load of #@%& to me. "Wow that suit is so sharp, you know what, it looks like it's custom!" Everything that you've said that he said sounds like a sales pitch for a 1986 Buick LeSabre.

Like I said, a few times I know there was some space in between my legs in the crotch area, this was because I didnt have any talcum powder to help me pull the suite all the way up. I am going with the Pinnacle Heater, the merino lined 3mm shorty. If that doesn't help I am going to look into getting a new wet suit, either JMJ or Pinnacle, depending on what I can afford.

Try using a plastic grocery bag instead. Put your hands and feet inside it(all at different times) and slide your suit on that way.

Billy

I don't know Jeff and have never been in his shop but do yo really think that the combo of you and that suit is the best fitting wetsuit he's ever seen? Sounds like a load of #@%& to me. "Wow that suit is so sharp, you know what, it looks like it's custom!" Everything that you've said that he said sounds like a sales pitch for a 1986 Buick LeSabre.

Try using a plastic grocery bag instead. Put your hands and feet inside it(all at different times) and slide your suit on that way.

Billy[/QUOTE

I disagree with you on this one Empty, the suit does indeed fit me like a glove, nice and snug around the waist and the chest. He didn't need to pitch me a sale for the suit anyway, I had wanted to by this suit for a few months and would have bought it regardless. If he wanted to sell something he could have sold me one of the Scubapro wetsuits which go for 150 dollars more :mooner:

I disagree with you on this one Empty, the suit does indeed fit me like a glove, nice and snug around the waist and the chest. He didn't need to pitch me a sale for the suit anyway, I had wanted to by this suit for a few months and would have bought it regardless. If he wanted to sell something he could have sold me one of the Scubapro wetsuits which go for 150 dollars more :mooner:

Believe what you want but according to your first post,

...The reason is water flow, despite the seals on the wrists and ankles, I still feel water flow.

your suit does not fit properly. You should never have water 'flowing" through your wetsuit. And Beachlover is right with the gloves and booties. Gloves go over your suit, booties go under.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom