I'm Back from Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from Mexico. Oh my god - I'm in love. Stayed at a new resort called the Grand Sirenis - absolutely fabulous. Dive shop right on the beach called Aqua-Inn. Took 3 ocean dives (my first). Wanted to do more, but wife had other plans. Wanted to finish with a cenote dive, but couldn't get things worked out in time. Anyway, had a great time. The diving was an extreme experience - I can still taste the salt water and I'm ready to go back (especially since it is below freezing here and waiting on snow). Yesterday, I was on the beach and now I'm in snow (wow what a brain freeze).

As I said the Grand Sirenis was great. I talked to many fellow travelers and I would say our resort was the best compared to what I heard others say about theirs. I would highly recommend this resort to anybody.

During one of the dive trips, Roberto (Dive Master) asked me about diving in the midwest. I told him it was mostly quarry's and lakes in northern Arkansas. His response was, "you're crazy" followed by an outbreak of laughter by the shipmates. I told him, "you got to do what you got to do to dive - not everybody can live in paradise".

During the first dive, I asked him about exposure suits. He said, "you can get by with a shorty, but we will suit up". They wore a 3mil shorty under a full 3 mil suit. When I asked why so much for them they said it was too cold for them. I could have dove with nothing. The water temp was in the 70's.

Anyway had a great time and just wanted to share.

S. Nagel

Where is the "Grand Sirenis" located? All inclusive? Pricey?

Next time, you have to dive a Cenote.

Terry

Good to hear you had a good time.
I bet you are not "waiting" for snow anymore. We have a couple inches of ice right now and it's still coming down.
Sure makes a great welcome home :)

Sounds like you had a great time. I of course am wanting to dive tomorrow but I suspect I'll have problems getting to the dive site with 15 inches of snow on the ground, never know till I try. Like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom