I'm a Winner!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Got home one day this week and found out I was a winner. A local radio station has a free STYX concert and I got 2 tix. Woo Hoo! I don't win alot. Kind of a bummer 'cause I don't think Dennis DeYoung is playing with them now, but I'll go anyway. I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Jus

(Now to post at Whine & Cheese about how I'm old and still like STYX and how Dennis DeYoung won't be there with his full head of white hair. I am OLD! Boo Hoo!)

Great band, they're still alive?:wink:

Light up, everybody, sweet sweet sounds will fill the air.

if they would just skip over that whole Mr. Roboto thing, though!

Great band..but the only two left in it are Tommy Shaw, and James Young. Everyone else quit! (well the drummer passed away a few years back)

I didn't know Tommy Shaw had come back with them. After the Mr. Roboto fiasco, he left and and joined Damn Yankees. I thought he said he would never come back to Styx again.

Chuck Panozzo might still be with them, even though John is gone.

Tommy Shaw and James Young are still there, Chuck Panozzo was in for a couple of songs. The new guys are good. It was a way better show than I was expecting. At the end for the encore, Koko Taylor came out and did All Night Long and Sweet Home Chicago.

As for Mr. Roboto, they took like 16 songs and wrapped them into one of those collage type things where they play a bit of each one. Mr. Roboto was the finale of that. It worked.

Also, they played in a smaller venue where the acoustics are quality. Their vocals were still amazing.

The guys still rock.

Juls

Got to see Styx free in 1975 when they were the warmup band for KISS. KISS didn't show and we got our money back.

We didn't even know it was Styx until they played "Lady". Great concert, no one even missed KISS. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom