I'm a newbie too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ciara

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

just wanted to post a fwe lines to say 'hello' - looks like a great site :)

Originally did my PADI Basic OW course about 11 years ago in the Irish Sea (yuck). That was enough to put me off diving until about 2 years ago in Turkey when I re-did the Basic OW course with my other half (his first time). Just recently completed our Advanced OW course on honeymoon in Jamaica - absolutley wonderful :)

Happy Diving!

Ciara

:bounce:

I'll bet it was yuck. There's a big difference in water temp between the Irish sea and the Adriatic. Where did you dive in Turkey? Otherwise a hello from down below in NZ. My old man is from jamaica and he and my mom had their honeymoon rafting down the river. Congratulations to you both.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Big difference in water temp is putting it mildly!! How about 9mm wet suit, with hood & 9mm gloves. Strong current & lots of kelp - mmmmm...... !

We were based in Maramris - south coast of Turkey - diving was ok, but not as good as Montego Bay :)

Not much diving for us during the year though - we live in the UK :( and it's just tooooo cold!

Ciara

:bounce:

Welcome aboard! And I thought Monterey (California) was cold! Yikes=-) 9mm!!!

I hope you get to enjoy some warm diving soon.

Regards,

Luisa

This is a great site I try to check in almost everyday. Nice and warm here in Sunny FL.
Closest I have gotten to Jamaica is Cuba and managed to fit in a couple of dives though between work schedule.

Wildbill

:copper:

welcome to the board Ciara:)

Welcome to the boards ciara! I'm sure you will find everyone here fun and helpful.
Dive Safe!
:snorkel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom