I'm a Bonehead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of Beer. I found a unopened bottle of Cognac near Tacoma a month ago. Can't bring myself to drink it. I know it's good, seal didn't break.

OK, it don't take much to excite me.

Quarrior:
I was wearing my doubles for some practice with them, plus I needed to use up the 36% O2 mix so I could get them refilled with air for an upcoming deep dive at the end of the month.

Brian

If that dive is deep enough that you can't use Nitrox, why isn't there He in the mix
you plan to use?

Chuck Tribolet:
If that dive is deep enough that you can't use Nitrox, why isn't there He in the mix
you plan to use?
I was going to use Nitrox, 24%. 36% would have been dangerous.

Sorry to hear that, were you able to place your finger on the cause of the accident?
I wrote a song about it! Like to hear it, here it goes:
There was a fellow diver, we called him Quarrior
a really tough guy, much like a warrior.
Upon exit one day he begins to fidget
next thing you know, he has a broken digit.
:eyebrow:

freediver:
Sorry to hear that, were you able to place your finger on the cause of the accident?
I wrote a song about it! Like to hear it, here it goes:
There was a fellow diver, we called him Quarrior
a really tough guy, much like a warrior.
Upon exit one day he begins to fidget
next thing you know, he has a broken digit.
:eyebrow:
:rofl: I love it.

freediver:

But this was even better. Subtlety. Very nice touch.

;o)
Foo

Hydrophobic:
At least your equipment's OK. Now that would a shame. Flesh heals, SCUBAPRO doesn't.
Aaack, I'm a Zeagle diver. :D

Quarrior,

Sorry to hear about your mishap, my friend. As a DMT, and fellow diver, I have to prescribe rest and recuperation. You need to go with your friends when they do the next dive. Since you are restricted to the surface, your role must be that of Quartermaster.

That means that you will have to guard and care for the beer stock while your buds are out diving. I leave the rest in your able hands.

I would, however, take along an assistant. You are down one hand, and some of those pop-tops can be difficult!

Cheers! :eyebrow:

Rob

Chuck Tribolet:
you plan to use?

I didn't see the certs on the individual involved, but I can give another reason for this. My normoxic class is costing me a pretty penny. Not everybody has the time or money for helium training to do dives that used to be done on air all of the time. It is not uncommon on the Great Lakes to see EAN24 or EAN26 used on deeper dives. Helium is a better option, but until the cost of the training in its use becomes more reasonable (and remote fill stations have O2 clean air to top off the required O2 cleaned tanks) not as many people will use it as probably should.

Also, I don't think that use of trimix had much to do with this accident. Unless he was narced on the surface that is. :) Need help opening that beer?

One for Quarrior, one for me, one for Quarrior, two for me........

A skilled doubles diver can fall and get themselves up before any one notices they went down. Practice, practice, practice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom