I'll never complain about poor vis again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuclear diving risks seem quite unintuitive, at least according to this entertaining analysis: Spent Fuel Pool

Water is an astonishingly good radiation shield, so it's all about what you touch.

You can measure zoomies. Can’t do anything with virus’ and bacteria.
Exactly, that is my point...
Also, the nuclear water is clear and you can see what you're doing and where you're going.
In a river of sh#t you cannot...

Bet it pays good money. Most truely shitti jobs do.

Nuclear diving just CAN looks safe, but in reality from one of (approx.) 200 pipes from fuel pin array at least one will be broken after 5 years of usage, and all outcomes products from chain reaction will go to the storage tank water.
It could be tiny particles, that can subside on your dry suite surfaces, and when you will wear it off, it can come in to you body....
Does not matter, how well reducing radiation from fuel assembles on the distance, because particles of fuel will floating in all water depth.
Also - reducing radiation depends on radiation energy level (MeV) and for high energy nuclones even 10m is nothing...

So - if you have good hat diving suite, and team of supporters on the surface, and unlimited ammount of clean water and Simple Green :) e.g. - it is much safer, than nuclear diving (IMnHO).

But if I will choice, to have Nuclear or Contaminated diving - I will prefer this one:
virtual-reality-kids-4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom