I'll be in San Diego the 1st week of April and want to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyking

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope this is the right place to post this...

I'm going to be attending a conference in San Diego the first week of April, and would like to hook-up with some locals and dive the sites around La Jolla. Been talking to some dive shops about guided tours, but that doesn't sound nearly as much fun as renting some tanks/weights for the week and staying wet when not at the conference.

Any interest out there??

Tom

skyking:
Hope this is the right place to post this...

I'm going to be attending a conference in San Diego the first week of April, and would like to hook-up with some locals and dive the sites around La Jolla. Been talking to some dive shops about guided tours, but that doesn't sound nearly as much fun as renting some tanks/weights for the week and staying wet when not at the conference.

Any interest out there??

Tom

Hey Skyking. There are quite a few San Diego residents here and we dive often, usually around twice a week weather permitting. You are more than welcome to join us. Please tell us about yourself? You diving experience and expectations. This aint the carribean so plan accordingly. :D

Terry

Skyking,

I split your post to its own thread to give it more exposure.

There is a very active group of divers in San Diego as Terry mentioned, so you should have no problem getting to dive.

Have fun!

Christian

divinman:
This aint the carribean so plan accordingly.
04.gif

Terry

Oh NO! You mean no exotic beach babes bringing me fine European beers?
06.gif
Gee, guess I'll have to settle for getting wet, seeing some cool sea-critters and [hopefully] a little kelp, and meeting some great people
04.gif

Been diving about a year. Mostly Ohio quarries, a little dip in the North Atlantic last summer to explore a wreck and chase some fishies with a spear (WARM water!), and a little spring diving in Florida last fall just to get a bubbly-hot bath. Still diving wet (though hopefully not after this summer) so when the temps get below high-40's I get a little cranky. Kinda partial to steel 95's/119's and 'trox. Deepest dive to date is about 90 ft. Need to push that out a bit to prepare for the deeper NJ wrecks this summer. Did a little night diving last summer and got totally hooked.

That's pretty much me as far as diving - got a few other hobbies that'd fill a few pages and probably go better with Corona. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Tom

Hi.

Just curious what conference you might be attending in San Diego? I too am heading to San Diego for a conference in the first week of April. You're not by chance an anthropologist, are you?

Mahjong

first week is nearly hear. Whats the word Skyking? Any idea what days/times you might be available?

Let's go diving.

Terry

mahjong:
Hi.

Just curious what conference you might be attending in San Diego? I too am heading to San Diego for a conference in the first week of April. You're not by chance an anthropologist, are you?

Mahjong

Anthropologist? Me? Well ... they always said I was a jurassic iconoclast but .... I'm attending the Simulation Interoperability Workshop sponsored by SISO (www.sisostds.org).

No. You're certainly not an anthropologist--good for you.

I've booked myself on a boat trip to Coronados for Sunday (4/10). But I'm still trying to figure out what to do for Monday (4/11). I see your conference runs 4/3-8, so I take it you'll be gone by this time. In any case, enjoy the conference and diving.

Mahjong

divinman:
first week is nearly hear. Whats the word Skyking? Any idea what days/times you might be available?

Let's go diving.

Terry

Arriving 'bout lunchtime Saturday and heading to Aquatech to pick up tanks/weights then to the hotel to check in if they'll let me that early. Late Saturday afternoon's open. Got a Sunday morning dive set up with SDUPS (07:30 at La Jolla shores). Don't know if that's a one-tanker or ??? but my meetings start late afternoon Sunday (think around 6) and would just as soon be in the water till then
04.gif
Think I have Monday morning before lunch open also - can confirm that once I see the final conference agenda. Been talking with another club to see about some night dives during the week but haven't heard anything definitive yet. Most evenings after 6 or so are open and probably Friday afternoon as long as I can get the gear back to the shop before closing on Friday (early flight out Saturday) - don't know when sunrise/sunset is out there but (very) early am would work if conditions are good then - whatever it takes to get some good divin' in!

Will PM you with my cell phone number.

Let's dive!!
Tom

we will be diving on saturday perhaps you should come along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom