Ikelite ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I sent in my housing to Ikelite about two weeks ago. I sent in the whole camera as well attached inside the housing.
While diving in Hawaii last year I was unable to focus as the gears were not meshing properly, as if they were stripped.
Yesterday I received my housing and camera back. The cost came to "NO Charge", wow what kind of service is that? They replaced the gears.
I'm leaving for the Keys in a couple of weeks for the test and 10 days of exploring and diving....I still can't believe that there was no charge. In these economic times how helpful is service like that! I don't think anyone can beat that kind of help.

I have been dealing with Ikelite for some time now. Their service has always been first rate. They seem to be genuinely concerned over customer service and making sure that the product works properly.

Considering I have an Ike housing for my P&S as well as an Ike housing for my video, I am very happy to hear they are supporting their loyal customers. I hope I never have to use their service but if I ever do, I hope they stand by me like they did you.

Thanks for posting this. It is nice to once in a while hear a "good news" story.

I have been using Ikelite products for over 30 years.I have had nothing but GREAT service from them.If you do a search of my posts you will see one where they gave me (NO CHARGE) a new front housing even though the housing was past the warranty time.

About 5 years ago I sold a housing that was at least 20+ years old ,for a film camera,and it was working perfectly.

Their products and service are superb.

I have been using Ikelite products for over 30 years.I have had nothing but GREAT service from them.If you do a search of my posts you will see one where they gave me (NO CHARGE) a new front housing even though the housing was past the warranty time.

About 5 years ago I sold a housing that was at least 20+ years old ,for a film camera,and it was working perfectly.

Their products and service are superb.

I too have had this housing for over 20 years and have sent it in to be refurbished with new o-rings as well as sent it in when I had a strobe connection problem previously. They have always been great about getting it back to me in time for my next trip and I have been thankful they have been ready to service their product.
I have not seen reporting about other companies with housings repair/return such as I've seen with Ikelite. I know the that there is a fascination for other housings as everyone wants their housing to be as compact/streamlined as much as possible. Ike does not lead in the smallest/compact category yet their product works great, is cost efficient and they certainly will service what they sell which says a lot for them. I would say they are #1 in service and #1 in a good inexpensive housing.

Absolutely agree, so far all my problems were answered swiftly or amended by Ikelite company. Ikelite housings might not be the most fashionable nor the lightest to carry, but their repair service and return policy is simply outstanding. This is the main reason why I have not shifted to aluminium housing brands.

It's also good not to have to go through a dealer to discuss with the manufacturer. Kudos to Ike to make this possible.

(praying they can do something for my DS125 strobe I have just sent them :blessing: )

caymaniac...thanx for the great post and I agree with SS001...it's good to hear some kudos about stuff. I too am an Ikelite user and love their gear but have not had to use their repair service. The folks at Ikelite might enjoy your posts in their forum.

The folks at Ikelite might enjoy your posts in their forum.

I thought the same thing but then I figured as long as nobody else is bothered by its location, Ike probably gets more widespread visibility here because non-Ike users will likely never go into the Ike section. Here they might just click to see what it is about and maybe caymaniac's post will help get a couple more users to switch to Ike.

Either way, I have heard a number of people here PRAISE Ikelite for their service so I am glad I made the choices that I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom