Ikelite Housing for Olympus E-PL1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well 10bar has made a housing for it and it has a Nikonos bulkhead :) so Ikelite better hurry up and make one. I have two Ikelite digital strobes and I can't wait to use it on a E-PL1

10Bar Olympus E-PL1 Housing & 2 Port Set - 10Bar Underwater Housings - Optical Ocean Sales Underwater Photo - 800-359-1295!

Just buy the 10Bar housing with Nikonos bulkhead, and buy an Ikelite TTL adapter for Nikonos. It's a little dongle that plugs into a Nikonos bulkhead on the 10Bar housing and translates the Nikon iTTL signaling to Ikelite signaling. Jack can probably supply it. It's about $330. See:
Ikelite iTTL Adapter for Nikon dSLR Cameras

So, don't wait for Ikelite, buy the TTL adapter for the 10bar and plug in your strobes.

Attachments

• Ikelite TTL Adapter.jpg
    Ikelite TTL Adapter.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 89
You are right, I was not thinking.

I have the Olympus housing and was thinking of using a recycled Ikelite TTL Controller from an old Ikelite Olympus C7070 housing. The challenge is finding a place to put the hole for the Ikelite TTL controller. I think I have to sacrifice the hotshoe, since it is the only flat surface near the camera hotshoe. You can't use the EVF but I don't need that. That's how I would do it.

On the 10Bar housing, it may be possible to fit an Ikelite connector from an old film housing and use the Heinrichs Weikamp TTL converter, custom wired to the Ikelite connector. That will allow direct attachment of DS strobes without an external converter.

The iTTL adapter is compatible with certain Nikon dSLR cameras only.

Camera manufacturers change their TTL protocol from camera to camera and an older circuit for the C7070 camera would not operate properly with the PL1 camera.

Still no new information to provide on our housing for this model yet.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I've been wanting to buy a micro 4/3rds camera and I'm trying to wait to till Ikelite makes a housing for one of them, so I can use my Ikelite strobe.

WB6VIC,

Latest information shows a new style underwater housing for the 4/3rds cameras to be released at the end of 2010. Nothing further is available at this time. Please check back with us in December for an update.

Regards,

Can we use Metz/Olympus TTL/RC wireless housed flash with Ikelite housing?
I have 10bar hosing for my Metz/oly flashgun - the control button does not work, except on/off only.
I know 10bar has EPL-1 housing w/ Nikonos bulkhead but unfortunately they run away never response my e-mail after they sent me this poor housing :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom