IKELITE for canon S95 housing - scratch marks - or plastic finishing defects - or???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atomsmile

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi

does anyone owning an Ikelite housing has the same problem as mine... i just bought this housing for Canon S95 yesterday 06 August and went home to realize that there were "scratch marks" like lines that can be felt from inside the housing. The good thing is, if you feel the outside, the scratch mark looking lines cannot be felt and seems quite far to cut thru since the plastic is quite thick.

of course i have some concerns...

when i went back to the seller, he assured me that these are just "common Ikelite" plastic slight defects on the finishing... that causes the "uneven" lines...

well - can any ikelite owners or ikelite staff enlighten me?

side.jpg

I have an ikelite housing for an S90 and have some very similar lines on the inside of the housing.

I've done plenty of diving with it and can assure that it's nothing to worry about.

I have an ikelite housing for an S90 and have some very similar lines on the inside of the housing.

I've done plenty of diving with it and can assure that it's nothing to worry about.

tightline, thank you for the assuring reply, one last question, how about this? - i found this behing the back cover... same thing, this line is also surface fetl only from the outside, i cannot feel in from inside...

back.jpg

I would just make sure that you can feel excess material. If you can then I would feel confident that it isn't a stress fracture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom