Ikelite Customer Service..LIKE..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a shoutout to Ikelite's impecable customer service..
Sent my 5D2 housing in to get the ISO button fixed, since there was some minor corrosion and leakage.
Upon removing the tray handles, I found out that there were cracks at the bottom of the housing where the mounting bolts are. I figured it's because of my overtightening of the tray handles.

Steve Johnson from their service dept got back to me and informed me that it'll cost me 85 bucks to replace the front part of the case. Considering the fact that I paid 1600 for the housing, 85 bucks came as a superb relief. Just as I was reaching for my Credit card, I casually asked about how tight should I be tightening the screws to prevent this from happening again. Steve/Ikelite had originally thought that I tightened the mounts on the housing itself, and when I told him that all I did was tighten the screws attached the the tray handles, he promised to look into it and get back to me the next day.

Second day came along, and I received a voicemail from Steve. Ikelite is going to replace the front part of the housing free of charge and also perform a full servicing for me. Ikelite could've gone the 'It's out of warranty' or 'It's your fault' route, but they didn't.

And this is why Ikelite's gonna have my business for a long time to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom