IKEA drying rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was at Ikea the other day, and saw a clothes rack that, at $3.99, I couldn't resist picking up to see if it would be suitable for my scuba gear.

$3.99. Yeah. That's cheaper than PVC and the glue to hold it together. :) It's metal, probably aluminum, but hey. It's $3.99.

I was thrilled to discover that it holds up very well, even with my wetsuit draped over it being hit full-on with the hose. It's perfect for what I need. I found a rubbermaid tub in a parking lot one morning that I grabbed to use as a rinse tank, which I do if I get home pretty late or am too tired to work on my gear right away.

I've got pretty much all my gear hanging on this. My hood and gloves are clipped to a cool little hanger that my wife got with some baby clothes. Everything else is on firm, thick hangers.

IMG_0048.1.jpg

Even the dog approves. :wink:

dang, now I feel bad for the amount of money I just dropped on PVC to make my own :doh2:

dang, now I feel bad for the amount of money I just dropped on PVC to make my own :doh2:

No.. You got your tailored solution, home made... Isn't that more that the money you spent ? Proud, great... ???

No... Still there /? ouch... I was just trying to help :wink:
I would pay at least double to make my own and be so proud of what I did (and I know it would look very bad, would never share a pic...) :wink:

Both solutions are great :wink: I would go my own way and have good plans when I get back home... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom