Ignored???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nereas's MO

He will ignore people that question his lack of knowledge.

In the extreme..you get the staff of SB impose an ignore feature on you. (I cannot see any of Nereas's posts anymore.)

I don't spend a lot of time on this board but have always enjoyed it when I have visited.

That dude seems to be pretty infamous for bad behavior. Anyone know the story? Does he dive at all or is he some kind of social experiment foisted on the members here?

He comes across as some type of bot. Just spewing half truth and demanding respect for partial knowledge intensely applied.

Also the use of terms such as "logical fallacy" and "straw man argument" show a deep desire in debate technique and yet he has absolutely no idea what they even mean.

I cannot help but wonder if he is simply a long-con troll.

As far as ignore, guys like that always have an alt. There is zero chance he is not reading every post.

Forced ignore is rare and used only under extreme circumstances and they are almost always mutual. If two parties start to consume an inordinate amount of staff time, then we resort to this. This isn't ScubaDramaBoard and we would hope that you would want to keep it that way.

It is as said: he has posted what he sees when he initially looks at the poster in question. Does he peak? Most do, but I am not going to babysit him or anyone else. When in doubt: Don't feed the trolls. This goes for those you only suspect of being a troll.

Considering the total lack of value in any of nereas' posts, if the scubaboard staff if not willing to ban him from the board I would favor everyone getting a forced ignore on him. but as long as anyone can see him, we all need to be able to in order to to correct his often dangerous and always misleading "information".

This isn't ScubaDramaBoard and we would hope that you would want to keep it that way.

Ironically, if anyone wanted conquer Scubaboard, the above would be the easiest and most foolproof way of doing so :D

Well, I suppose I knew posting his name in this would cause commotion. I can read into his posts and for the most part filter out the BS. I am not looking for a forced ignore or an ignore of any sort. I just wanted an answer which was given to me in the first 6 or so post. So, thanks to all. Have fun on ScubaDramaBoard :dramaqueen: (oops :D I mean :sblogo:). I am off to Bonaire to try and kick the damn cold I got 4 days before take off. See ya in a week. Have fun slamming "you know who" in this thread as I am sure will continue to happen.

GONE DIVING

"Slamming" someone will have undesirable consequences. Play nice. Disagree all you want and even passionately, but play nice.

BTW, playing nice means not baiting or trolling the other person. There are a lot of opinions on this forum. The average reader can quickly figure out who has done the diving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom