Ignored???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Although there have been many people I have consider ignoring, I have not added any to my list. Yet THIS THREAD has post #76 from nereas saying this for me:

"This message is hidden because IceBergSlim is on your ignore list."

If I have nobody on my ignore list, why does this message appear?

Click the link and look at your list. Looks like it will bring anyone who clicks it to their list.

BTW, to my surprise my list was not empty. But I assume it was some kind of test of SB features as the ID was very old and never active.

I did that and it shows my list as being empty. Hence the post in here. Besides, if I had IceBergSlim on my blocked list, why would a message from nereas be blocked? Again, this is why I posted the question here.

It looks like that is what nereas saw when IceBergSlim replied to his post. So he copied it and posted it, to show IceBergSlim that he was ignoring his posts.

Is this what you saw when you looked at the post? Do you see the "blocked messgae" when you view Post # 76? That would certainly explain it but I obviously do not know what others see when they look at a post.

It looks like that is what nereas saw when IceBergSlim replied to his post. So he copied it and posted it, to show IceBergSlim that he was ignoring his posts.

This is what I see: "This message is hidden because IceBergSlim is on your ignore list."

Perfect. Problem (or lack of) solved. I appreciate you telling me.

For the record I have (nor will I ever) resort to ignoring anyone to avoid losing an argument.

I have no idea why that message shows up.

I see the same thing as everyone else and as enticing as it would be to ignore myself, it is simply not possible.

I do believe that dj6worrall answered it best. See earlier posts.

For the record I have (nor will I ever) resort to ignoring anyone to avoid losing an argument.

I have no idea why that message shows up.

I see the same thing as everyone else and as enticing as it would be to ignore myself, it is simply not possible.

Nereas's MO

He will ignore people that question his lack of knowledge.

In the extreme..you get the staff of SB impose an ignore feature on you. (I cannot see any of Nereas's posts anymore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom