Ignore/Invisible Option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe i should, after all others have been accommodate because they don't celebrate xmass so we can't say happy xmass anymore but rather happy holidays, and the traditional xmass tree removal from the center square...all just because some religions are offended by it

Religions are not offended by it.

People are offended by it, and usually because whatever religion they practice is not represented equally. If they don't believe in the traditional xian holidays/celebrations, they get no holiday at all (with very few exceptions).

You can say happy xmas anytime you want. You just can't force other people to say it.

Religions are not offended by it.

People are offended by it, and usually because whatever religion they practice is not represented equally. If they don't believe in the traditional xian holidays/celebrations, they get no holiday at all (with very few exceptions).

You can say happy xmas anytime you want. You just can't force other people to say it.

yes, people of certain religious beliefs, maybe is not written in their particular scriptures but they voiced their wishes and we folded....big FAIL right there AFAIC
so it shows that the minority rules, instead of the other way around

I personally want a Pastafarians sub forum- Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and they make small business loans!

+1 to that but no dice (see response below)

If I asked, I'm pretty sure NetDoc would happily make me a "SCUBA for Satanists" forum. That shouldn't upset anybody because nobody has to look at it unless they want to. (I'm Jewish, and don't believe in Satan, so I don't give a crap about it either).

don't be so sure, 5 days ago, based on your comment, i asked NetDoc for a "SCUBA for Pastafarians" section and so far i've been ignored, no answer whatsoever whether is "yes" or "no"...just plain ignorance, maybe i'm not worthy enough of his time to get a reply
and don't turn around and tell me you were kidding because i call BS on that lol

+1 to that but no dice (see response below)
don't be so sure, 5 days ago, based on your comment, i asked NetDoc for a "SCUBA for Pastafarians" section and so far i've been ignored, no answer whatsoever whether is "yes" or "no"...just plain ignorance, maybe i'm not worthy enough of his time to get a reply
and don't turn around and tell me you were kidding because i call BS on that lol
Pete's at the Invasion in Roatan this week. Also there's a process - contacting him doesn't really work for that sort of thing. :D
So you want a new forum?

You need to think about the following:

Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard?
Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum?
Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? Any specific access restrictions (ie read-only etc.)?

Got that covered?

Good, next thing you need to do is to start a thread in Suggestions (part of Site Support).

Also, you'll need at least twenty interested members who'll back your proposal.

Finally, the ScubaBoard Staff will consider your proposal and create the forum if approved.

Please note that any forum may also be removed due to inactivity.

Any questions? Send us a message!
Search the FAQ for new forum to reproduce this ^ with the links intact.

...i asked NetDoc for a "SCUBA for Pastafarians" section...

In fairness, is there a self-identifying group of pastafarians, reasonably expected to maintain some presence and group identity here?

My point: there's a difference between someone approaching leadership seeking a sub-forum for diving dedicated to a specific identifiable group, that might make use of such. The sub-forums for those with regional/geographic affiliation come to mind. Or women's issues. Or grumpy old divers...there's even a single divers section.

Richard.

In fairness, is there a self-identifying group of pastafarians, reasonably expected to maintain some presence and group identity here?

My point: there's a difference between someone approaching leadership seeking a sub-forum for diving dedicated to a specific identifiable group, that might make use of such. The sub-forums for those with regional/geographic affiliation come to mind. Or women's issues. Or grumpy old divers...there's even a single divers section.

Richard.

How 'bout a sub forum dedicated to a detailed discussion of the pros and cons of peeing in rental wetsuits? :gas:

I still like my idea of a forum called "The Ring".
If a thread goes off the rails and ends up in a knock down drag out, it gets moved to the ring where the battling parties can duke it out to their hearts content.
No rules.

I still like my idea of a forum called "The Ring".
If a thread goes off the rails and ends up in a knock down drag out, it gets moved to the ring where the battling parties can duke it out to their hearts content.
No rules.

Better idea: forum of the same name, but when things get totally out of hand a creepy, long-haired dead girl crawls jerkily out of participants' screens and…well, suffice to say the end result's not pretty.

but but flots am is pretty confident of the outcome

If I asked, I'm pretty sure NetDoc would happily make me a "SCUBA for Satanists" forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom