Ignore/Invisible Option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t4e

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i come to SB to read about diving stuff not about religion...i want to have the ability to put certain threads, more specifically the religious kind, on ignore or invisible...i.e. when i click on "new posts" i do not want to see religious subjects

the same as the believers have the freedom to posts such subjects i should have the freedom, as an atheist, to choose no to see them

please make a compromise...you can have such groups available by subscription only

Unfortunately, there is no way to put specific topics on ignore. All you have to do is not open them if you don't want to read them.

i should have the freedom, as an atheist, to choose no to see them

Why would you want to give up the freedom to choose not to see them as opposed to having someone else choose for you not to see them?

Why would you want to give up the freedom to choose not to see them as opposed to having someone else choose for you not to see them?

huh? that is too deep for me at this time, its only been a day since arriving after a long 15 hour travel time, not recovered yet

Not threads, but you can put members or forums on ignore.

To put individual members on ignore.
In turn, click on:
- their name on the left side of any post they made
- “View Profile”
- “Add to Ignore List” to the left, below their avatar

And if you read through this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/how-use-scubaboard/382251-how-custom-forum-searches-exclusions.html
you can learn how to set up a bookmark to exclude certain forums, or to include only selected forums.

For example, when I log onto ScubaBoard, I use the following inclusionary shortcut: [FONT=&amp]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&include=2,4,5 ( ... and a bunch of other forums that I want included)[/FONT]

i come to SB to read about diving stuff not about religion...i want to have the ability to put certain threads, more specifically the religious kind, on ignore or invisible...i.e. when i click on "new posts" i do not want to see religious subjects

the same as the believers have the freedom to posts such subjects i should have the freedom, as an atheist, to choose no to see them

please make a compromise...you can have such groups available by subscription only

I just kind of tripped over this eyeballing the post list and thought I would take a peek. As I read through this, the hair started to rise on the back of my neck. As I personally am not a believer, I don't have an axe to grind in that regard... However, there is a difference between your space and the "open" space. You get to control your space, not the other one. I firmly believe that people who travel trough life with blinders on know nothing about the trip. If there is something you see in the open space that you don't like, just stop looking. There is no justification for censorship. Most of us in these here United States take Constitutional directives which guarantee freedoms for thought, speech and actions very seriously. Only the liberal left feel they have to control the open space to avoid offending sensibilities and it is a constant battle to keep them minimized. One last thing - beware the pub, you just might get offended.

I just kind of tripped over this eyeballing the post list and thought I would take a peek. As I read through this, the hair started to rise on the back of my neck. As I personally am not a believer, I don't have an axe to grind in that regard... However, there is a difference between your space and the "open" space. You get to control your space, not the other one. I firmly believe that people who travel trough life with blinders on know nothing about the trip. If there is something you see in the open space that you don't like, just stop looking. There is no justification for censorship. Most of us in these here United States take Constitutional directives which guarantee freedoms for thought, speech and actions very seriously. Only the liberal left feel they have to control the open space to avoid offending sensibilities and it is a constant battle to keep them minimized. One last thing - beware the pub, you just might get offended.

Amen!

I have to say that I can not remember ever seeing a post of religious nature. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough or in the right places.

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 10:16 PM ----------

Arent you mixing apple and oranges. You say believers freedom to POST vs nonbelievers freedom to NOT READ.

Perhaps more accurate is both believers and the non have the same freedom to post. that is apples and apples. Equally both have the choice as to read or not to read what has been posted. Again apples and apples. A mere Thread title shouldn't harm anyone. I will stick my neck out on this one but ,,,,, it is clearly evident that you are in the minority here. As such when ever you see said religious threads you should reval in the thought that everyone else is a religious fool but you. That should allow you to go through this life steping a little higher than everyone else when you walk. I do not think that anyone here is going to attempt to change your beliefs. Most will agree that one's non beliefs will last a life time. Believers have more long range plans in mind.

Last edited:
I come to SB to read about diving stuff not to hear any party/group whine about being offended...

Political correctness has only proved a couple of things...

My children have never been allowed to celebrate Halloween party in school, they celebrate "harvest party!" (costumes no longer allowed)
My children have never been allowed to celebrate Christmas in school, they celebrate "The Holidays." (not allowed to pass Christmas Cards)

How much more sensitive do we need to be? Suck it up butter cups!

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 11:21 PM ----------

Before we know it...SCUBA Divers will be called "sea level challenged."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom