If you were going to do 1 boat dive, Klein sites or East Side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree on rappel. Some Klein sites are excellent. On East coast, this diving is for strong confident divers. The day we went out seas high. You could not see the boat between swells. So much spray on the way in we kept our masks on and regs in while seated.

Will check my log book but as I recall rappel only site on the island that I have dove that is a wall dive with spur and groove terrain

I will never come to Bonaire again without diving the east side. It is a completely different experience than the west side regardless of shore or boat. Do the morning two tank. It gets petty darn rough in the afternoon. A perfect day for me would be two tanks on the east side, a late afternoon dive at Salt Pier and then a sundowner at Something Special. Not that I pulled that off this trip but will try again in the future.

I've dived Rapel, Klein, North and East. East side is very special and a totally different experience from the rest of the island.

It's being talked about like it's 'all that'. What makes it so special?
Interesting and different topography, very healthy coral cover, interesting animals, great photography possibilities, not much dived so stays in good shape....

Last time I dived there I saw at least 12 turtles, multiple stingrays and green morays, plus a reef shark.
There is also the excitement of big waves, drift diving as well as open water safety stops.

On the second dive at the white hole, there were more turtles and morays, large schools of fish and maybe 20 tarpon. Very different from the west side of the island. You will not regret diving there.

East Coast Divers use a high-powered RIB to go from a sheltered bay through the breakers. Alternatively, Bas Tol is well-known for guiding folks through the surf from the shore. As several others have posted, the east side is quite different, and you're more likely to encounter larger pelagics.

Back
Top Bottom