If you lost some gear, it's on the national seashore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Holly crap! My new job at Padre Island National seashore has me patrolling the beach and I am only a set of regs and a bc away from a complete set of dive gear. I found an aluminum tank that I imagine fell off an oil platform, no VIP sticker and the valve is bent...but it's still got air in it! I've seen wet suits, boots, fins, a mask and a bunch of other non-diving stuff. So if you're out rig diving and that favorite mask falls off, wait a few weeks or so and it'll show up there... next to the refrigerator or drum of hazardous waist.
..oh and the turtles have started nesting so be carefull on the beaches.

Holly crap! My new job at Padre Island National seashore has me patrolling the beach and I am only a set of regs and a bc away from a complete set of dive gear. I found an aluminum tank that I imagine fell off an oil platform, no VIP sticker and the valve is bent...but it's still got air in it! I've seen wet suits, boots, fins, a mask and a bunch of other non-diving stuff. So if you're out rig diving and that favorite mask falls off, wait a few weeks or so and it'll show up there... next to the refrigerator or drum of hazardous waist.
..oh and the turtles have started nesting so be carefull on the beaches.

Would you call it a treasure beach for divers to score the big stuff? :D

Regards,

Shawn

The tank was probably a bail out bottle for a commercial diver. If your patrols continue to provide a good supply, you could open a scuba flea market. I can see a BCD making its way to shore, but a reg would need a serious storm to carry it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom