If you had both which on would you carry... DRIS1000 or LM 3W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
DRIS 1000
vs
Light Monkey 3W LED

Cost aside I would like a honest opinion. I have the LM3W but my daughter is looking to get a light and we have talked about the DRIS1000 too. Anyone have both and can recommend one vs the other. Prices being equal even though they are not.

I have the DRIS but not the LM. Other then the LM looks smaller in size and is made of delrin instead of aluminum (possible buoyancy differences and comfort in the hand) I don't know what the difference in out the front lumens and focus point (degrees) are.

All in all I'm guessing they are in the same ballpark and that if you don't care about cost, both are probably fine choices.

I dive the DRIS and a generic from Hong Kong called Trust Fire TR-J1 and I'm happy with both choices. The TR-J1 came with a charger and two batteries for $45. I also put rechargable NiMH batteries in my DRIS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom