If you had a choice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mars2u

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If you had the choice to move anywhere in the lower 48 states to reside, work, and dive, where would it be?
Given, lets say you have a job already lined up, or the company doesn't care where you reside.

For those wondering why I'm asking this...just look at my location and recent meteorlogical events...<ahem> :D
And if your suggestion is chosen you will be the winner of a brand new dive buddy for that area. No purchase necessary and friends and family are not eligible for prize. No limit on entries and single dive divas are preferred :wink:

Please specify:

City:
State:

Reason for suggesting site:

Heck, I like it right where I am. I live north of Milwaukee Wisconsin and have several great wrecks to dive on real close. When I get tired of that I can dive Door county within three hours. I can be in any marine park in upper Michigan in four hours.
Of course there are a few inland spots to hit as well, like Devils lake in Baraboo and Lake Wazee up north. And in winter we do have hard water around here and there are oppurtunities for ice diving too.
Okay so we don't have great white sharks to play with and we don't have to be so thorogh rinsing our equipment because its all fresh water. Oh, and vizibility is no longer an issue in the great lakes due to the zebra mussels. I had seventy foot on the wreck of the Niagara last saturday. It's a great place to dive!:)

Jim

mt reasons for

West Palm Beach, Fl - anywhere in this area:

the weather is beautiful,

the diving is extraordinary,

and my wife lives here:D

Don

but if I could relocate it would be to the florida panhandle. Its in the heart of cave country and there is a lot of good diving in the gulf. Weather is good. the only downside is hurricanes.:D

Having dove all throughout (basically)....

....I would choose anywhere on the pacific coasts, from California to Washington State because of:

The variety
The Geology
The diverse sealife (Great Whites)
Some Wrecks I suppose
Crater Lake, Ore
Kelp
Like some Cold Water

You're like me, you're probably looking to re-locate your career where there is better diving!

Priorities are priorities.

Hawaii
yeh its not the lower 48 but why are you so limited.

if i had to stick to the 48 i would say San Diego or somewhere in Florida, maybe the Keys...so close to the Carribean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom