if you find a camera, do you give it back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last week in Ao Nang, as I was getting out of the Longtail, my wallet pushed out of my pocket. A local, found it floating and brought it to me.. I think locals in Thailand are raised better than the DM... Just say'n...

unless the person who finds it is a stalker or serial rapist. Then it might be a real bad idea to have Scuba Suzy's picture, especially if your phone number and contact info is on the front of the phone or camera.
Seems like a real bad idea to me, as a woman.

I NEVER put my address or my last name on anything. We have to assume some risks. I put my phone number on my luggage - how else can it get back to me without it? I guess I could skip putting my name in the picture but I don't see a problem with a phone number and "please call if found" - it's a cell number and doesn't link to a home address.

unless the person who finds it is a stalker or serial rapist. Then it might be a real bad idea to have Scuba Suzy's picture, especially if your phone number and contact info is on the front of the phone or camera.
Seems like a real bad idea to me, as a woman.

When in Santo diving the Coolidge, at the 3m deco stop , I realised my camera was gone from my clip. Luckily a dive guide saw it floating on the surface and brought it to me. I offered to buy him some drinks that night, and although he didn't turn up I made a few efforts to do this and gave him some redundant gear in appreciation. I was very thankful and had written the camera off as lost.

Same trip a Kiwi lost his camera somewhere in the chain locker. We were diving the next day so offered to look for it. He said he would buy us some drinks if we did. Dived the next day and we found it in the silt, he thanked us and we never saw him again. So much for appreciating the effort we made. It wasn't about the buying of the drinks, but more that he showed his appreciation by the offer he made, and we could all sit and chat over a drink. Sours the taste somewhat.

Being stalked by a woman is just as bad as a guy. Been there and its not a nice feeling when you receive a sms telling you she was in your back yard at 1 am and knows what your new girlfriend looks like and knows she didn't go home etc etc. Then had some very nasty words scratched down the side of my new car in jealous rage. Girls, you don't have this one all on your own believe me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom