If it weren't for bad luck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck! And, congratulations in advance to your son! You must be a proud Dad! I assume he'll be using a double hose reg for the dives:cool2:

Good luck! And, congratulations in advance to your son! You must be a proud Dad! I assume he'll be using a double hose reg for the dives:cool2:

He'll be using a Calypso. I'll be using the PRAM!:D

UPDATE:
This past Saturday, I took my son down to my friend's shop and got in the pool with full gear. It was my first time back in the water since my accident. Even though it was just in the pool, it still felt great to be back in the water. My knee gave me very little trouble and the exercise seems to have improved the range of movement a bit. We were originally scheduled to go for Junior's OW this coming weekend, but my friend has property in South Carolina and he went down there to make sure that it was secure. He canceled the OW class that he had scheduled for this past weekend, so everything has been delayed. I'll take Junior down to the LDS this coming weekend for some more pool work, to keep him ready, so that when the time comes, we can do his open water work.

But, at least I can dive again!

Hi,
I had two partial knee replacements,about three weeks after started snorkelling in the pool,used my cheap oceanic full foot fins.Started diving 5 weeks after using Jetfins.
Good Luck on your recovery,
Best Regards, Jerry lang:eyebrow:

Thanks, Jerry. I used my Tusa Liberator X-10s in the pool. They aren't as heavy and stiff as my Jets and didn't put any strain on my knee. I'll probably just use them for what remains of this season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom