IE Pass Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About a year ago I spent a pleasant day with an IDC in the water at a well-known dive destination. The class was made up of very enthusiastic young adults, and I was surprised when the CD asked me to join them. It was fun watching and reliving my experiences many years ago. The CD had everyone well drilled on the things that are necessary for a successful IE. I could tell those things were second nature to all the students, and if they knew their book work like they knew their in-water stuff, the IE was a walk in the park. The IE really isn't difficult at all if you're well prepared.

I have some info on my website that might help you prepare - PADI IDC Thailand - Study Tools Dive Theory Instructor Development Course

You need to get 75% in each of the five dive theory topics (one remake allowed at the same IE). you also need to get 75% on the standards exam - no remake allowed as you have the answers in front of you...
Thanks Bubble Junkie; I've already been on your site for study guides and its so useful. The study notes are very good - thank you from me and hundreds of other future candidates for sharing x

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom