IDiveSharks.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
iDive Sharks - Promoting responsible shark dive tourism.

This is a nice site for shark lovers and divers to display their great encounters. They will be coming out with a calender soon proudly showing the photos of their members. They are strong supporters of shark conservation. So definitely give them a look. :jaws:

Carolyn:shark2:

Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for the kind words regarding iDive Sharks, it's a labor of love. I would like to also point out that I am the creator of The Global Shark Initiative which is shark awareness and pro conservation facebook page with, as we stand, just over 16,000 followers. Through peaceful and tactful approaches we try to pressure those companies and entities that exploit the dwindling global shark populations.

The Calendar you mentioned will be available via the iDive Sharks website and will be sold with all proceeds raised being donated to worthy shark conservation causes. So hopefully many people will be able to get a fantastic gift for their family and friends for 2011 and at the same time know that their cash is going to a great cause. Our drive last year raised enough to pay for 18 of the anti-shark finning billboards to be placed around the city of Beijing in China as part of the Shark Savers / WildAid project. In real terms the sum raised was $1,800

Cheers again, and thanks for the patronage at the site.

Mark Thorpe,

Network Creator & Founder,
iDive Sharks Social Network & The Global Shark Initiative.

Last edited:
Welcome to :sblogo:

Thank you for your hard work towards the protection of sharks!

Wow, the lengths Mark goes to for the sharks...

"GOAL 1 - 250 Calendar Sales
If we sell 250 calendars I will Shave off one of my eyebrows and post that as my profile picture on my facebook page!

GOAL 2 - 500 Calendar Sales
If we reach the dizzy heights of 500 sales I will shave my head and as above post that as my facebook profile picture! With ears like these I will be looking like a Taxi with the doors left open!

GOAL 3 - 1000+ Calendar Sales
If this target is achieved I will leave it up to the membership to decide my fate. This will be done with a rendezvous meeting in the chat room at a predesignated date. Get those thinking caps on!

OK, the floodgates are opened, let's raise some money to save sharks!

Cheers,
Mark,
Network Creator."

Good luck with the sales!!!

HERE IS THE LINK WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE A CALENDER!!!

2011 Calendar - iDive Sharks

It will make a great Holiday gift for your fellow shark divers and enthusiasts!

Well I have to bring some fun to the event. I'm really pushing for about 249 sales!!

Cheers,
Mark.

I am hoping for well over 1K! :D

C:shark2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom