idiots in the upper keys,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They should charge them with 20 separate crimes since they had 20 pieces along with the other crimes. Or maybe capital punishment. Or life without parole. At least they weren't down here buying oxy to take back home from Florida's famous pain doctors.

It makes me sick. There is enough damage caused by carelessness.

I wonder if Rosie has a marine aquarium.

$500 fine wow!
take the boat !sell it fund more coral reef protection!

Coral poaching arrests - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

the vessel forfeiture is a distinct possibility(unless it's a rental) and also the penalty includes up to a year in jail for each offense as well. the judges in monroe county have been playing hardball(maximum sentences) this past year in reguards to resourse violations on land/water. they're in trouble if their case is heard in judge garcia's courtroom @ plantation key, he will lay the hammer,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I don't know what it is with some of the yahoos in the upper keys ... people driving too fast in parking lots, etc.

Sorry Reefman, couldn't resist. As soon as I saw the post topic I know who it was from. Hope all is well with you and we'll be seeing you soon.

Disgusting. You can get five years for molesting a lobster trap, yet this infraction is on the traffic ticket level.. Maybe divers need to organize like the commercial fishermen.

as a follow up, the charges filed in this case last friday were from the state of forida. because the FKNMS includes both state and federal jurisdicition, further federal charges are pending(and likely according to an employee @ the sanctuary office)(the reason a federal biologist was summoned to the site to acquire video and photographic evidence). that will include possible restoration fines, charges for illegal activities within a SPA(sanctuary preservation area) etc. these violations will be in addition to the state charges filed friday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom