IDI power fin vs. scubapro jet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just another jet-thread to get you through the day ...
(The French, as you may have noted, pay homage to this essential piece of equipment by ending most books and movies with a simple, thoughtprovoking "Fin")

Anyhu

I've seen this photo of the above mentioned fins. If i've done things right it should be attached - the sequence by the way is: Jet, Idi power fin, turtle but ignore the latter.

How do the two compare. The idi one seems sleeker and more streamlined, but could it be softer? what do you think, any performance notes? Could I be needing yet more fins?

If the power fins are made of the same material as the idi turtles, then they will be a softer compound compared to the SP Jets, which personally I do not like as well.

Aloha, Tim

Yup, I agree, My Turtles (IDI) are not as stiff as my Jets. I like my Jets much better!!

it would make sense for it to be the same material ... I've just never seen a power fin in any LDS. Are they kinda rare?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom